» Ticketing & Event Services Intern - Tacoma Rainiers (Tacoma, WA)
» Future Notification Only - Pacific Coast League Teams (Various Locations, US)
Mascot - Rhubarb
Job Description: Rhubarb must be an outgoing individual who works well with others and can engage with fans of all ages. He/she must be in strong physical condition to wear a heavy costume, endure high temperatures and stand, walk, run or dance for extended periods of time. Rhubarb must be able to read individuals’ social cues to understand the level of interaction each fan may want. Ideal applicants for this position should have a creative and energetic personality with the ability to motivate others and have a passion for having fun.
This position may include opportunities in the following areas:
• Represent the Tacoma Rainiers at home games & at a wide range of events throughout the Puget Sound area
• Meet and greet fans prior to, during, and after events
• Perform duties in a respectful manner deemed acceptable according to the team standards
• Candidates must be able to lift/move weights of 50 lbs.
• Available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
• Take and follow direction from Game Entertainment Coordinator
• Collaborate with team Fun Squad and on-field Emcee
• Punctuality is mandatory
• Maintain costume cleanliness and wellbeing
- Performance/dance/acting background a plus, but not required
• Previous mascot experience a plus, but not required
Direct Reports: Director of Premium Experience
Job Description – Duties & Responsibilities
Assist in developing and implementing Special Event booking processes to ensure effective communication between Sales Staff, Ballpark Operations, and Ivar’s Sports and Entertainment.
Be 100% accessible to Clients for questions, concerns, feedback, and needs.
Assist in coordination of Non-Baseball Catering between Sales Staff, Corporate Partnerships and Ivar’s Sports and Entertainment.
Assist in sending and creating catering and room rental invoices as necessary.
Create welcome and directional signage for guest arrival.
Create Welcome Video Board graphics with Client logos.
Create customized Collateral for Sales Reps including but not limited to:
- Nightly Event Proposals
- Season Ticket Proposals
- Special Event Proposals
- Non-Profit Night Proposals
- Event Flyers and Event Order Forms
- Assist in overseeing print coordination for We R Family Membership: includes customized Membership Cards, Friend Vouchers, Magnet Schedules
- Assist in donation requests throughout the year (VIP Experiences and Reserved Seat Vouchers)
Represent the Tacoma Rainiers on appearances with the team mascot, Rhubarb the Reindeer
Ability to work well with several departments
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written
Great time management
Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
This is an unpaid internship, in exchange for college credit.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. If not living locally, will you be able to find suitable living arrangements? 2. If not living locally, when is your earliest possible start date and latest possible end date?
1. If not living locally, will you be able to find suitable living arrangements?
2. If not living locally, when is your earliest possible start date and latest possible end date?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with PCL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ