» Director of Ticket Operations - Tacoma Rainiers (Tacoma, WA)
» Group Event Coordinator - Tacoma Rainiers (Tacoma, WA)
» Inside Sales Intern - Tacoma Rainiers (Tacoma, WA)
» Marketing and Creative Intern - Tacoma Rainiers (Tacoma, WA)
» Partner Services Intern - Tacoma Rainiers Baseball Club (Tacoma, WA)
» Future Notification Only - Pacific Coast League Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Tacoma Rainiers, Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, are seeking a highly-qualified, driven college student to intern in the Communications department for the 2017 PCL season. Candidates must be students currently enrolled in college who are eligible to receive course credit in a related field (public relations, journalism, communications) to be considered. Ideal candidates will possess excellent writing skills, a background in journalism and/or public relations, and a strong working knowledge of the game of baseball. This position will report directly to the club’s Media and Communications Manager. This is an unpaid internship position for the Tacoma Rainiers 2017 season.
- Coordinate interviews between local media and members of the team (players, coaching staff).
- Compose and distribute game recap articles to be featured on the team’s website.
- Update and distribute stat packs consisting of team and league information to team personnel and local media.
- Compile, copy, and distribute game day materials (lineups, game notes, press releases, statistical reports).
- Support the Tacoma Rainiers in-game social media presence.
- Contribute written materials to be featured in the team’s game program.
- Assist in the management and upkeep of the Cheney Stadium press box.
- Complete additional projects assigned by the Rainiers Communications staff.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in and eligible to receive course credit from an accredited university or college in a related field (communications, sport management, public relations).
- Strong knowledge of the game of baseball including statistics, terminology, and rules.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Available to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Capable of working with deadlines and completing time-sensitize objectives.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, and well organized.
- Preference to applicants who are available to start work on April 11.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite of programs (InDesign, Photoshop).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you eligible to receive college credit? 2. Do you have sports writing experience? Please explain. 3. Do you have experience in journalism, public relations, or communications? Please explain. 4. Do you have experience working with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop? Please explain. 5. Why are you the best fit for this position?
1. Are you eligible to receive college credit?
2. Do you have sports writing experience? Please explain.
3. Do you have experience in journalism, public relations, or communications? Please explain.
4. Do you have experience working with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop? Please explain.
5. Why are you the best fit for this position?
The Baseball Club of Tacoma, LLC
Title: Director of Ticket Operations
Direct Reports: Controller, Vice President of Sales
FLSA: Full-Time, Exempt
Manages the Box Office, oversees the Box Office Coordinator and acts as support staff to the Ticket Sales Department. Take ownership of the Box Office and all things tickets. Manage a box office staff, hardware and software during the season and make sure all accounting, reporting and processing is done appropriately and on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison with ticketing system on event building, system upgrades, database reports, ticketing reports, equipment rental charges, etc
- Interview, hire, train, manage and motivate box office staff
- Manage and control budgeted revenues and expenses for areas of responsibility
- Work with Finance Department with regard to ticket sales and deposits
- Oversee all box office functions for multiple box office locations including sales, staffing, cash handling, deposits, etc
- Order ticket stock and season ticket booklets and oversee production throughout
- Process and organize all ticket orders
- Work with ticket sales department to develop effective inventory strategies
- Prepare tickets for sale and distribution
- Oversee and monitor our internal controls
- Conduct and manage audit procedures
- Create and maintain accurate ticket reports and ticket databases
- Prepare box office statements and event reconciliation reports
- Coordinate season ticket renewals and seat wait lists
- Coordinate email marketing campaigns
- Assist with marketing efforts
- Manage and maintain payment plans
- Create and maintain online presales, discrete links and promo codes to facilitate ticket sales and promotions
- Create and coordinate ticket policies and initiatives with promotors of special events
- Act as lead customer service representative for all ticketing inquiries, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sport Management, Business or related field required; minimum 2 years experience directing ticketing for a sports or entertainment property
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments
- Must be well-organized with attention to detail
- Possess a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
- Professional office working conditions. Evening, weekend and holiday hours are required. Some work required in outdoor conditions.
So you want to work in sports? Get in line.
We’re not looking for someone who wants to work in sports; we want that self-driven individual who is looking to make a career, and name, for themselves in this industry. The type of person who won’t stop until they get to the top.
Do you want to learn from the best and become the best? Do you have what it takes to separate yourself from the pack?
Seriously. Those aren’t rhetorical questions. We’re looking for the individual who has the dedication, hard work, sweat, integrity and competitive desire to be the absolute best. So, if you are not motivated, if you do not want to dominate, if you do not want to change the landscape of the sports industry, stop reading this and apply elsewhere.
If you are still reading, you can probably tell we are not the average sports business organization you studied about in your sport management classes. You are right. And you probably believe as we do that being average is failure. This means you ‘get it’ and we want you to be on our team.
So who are the Rainiers, you are probably asking, and what makes them so great? Good question.
The Tacoma Rainiers are an incredibly hard working and creative staff led by team President, Aaron Artman. Under Artman, the Rainiers grew from a staff of 9 to 35, increased revenue over 600% and have set four straight attendance records.
With a new ballpark and aggressive ownership group, the Rainiers staff look to continue their winning ways.
And this is where you come in.
Required Attributes of a Group Event Coordinator:
1. Hard Working
3. Driven to be the Best
Sound too simple? Nope. You would be surprised at how many are satisfied with mediocrity and don’t care to be the best. You would be surprised at how many don’t want to learn how to be successful. You would be surprised at how many will give up on their dreams because they are afraid to work hard.
Again, do you have what it takes?
If so, we want you on board. You will report to the Vice President of Sales and Director of Ticket Sales and you will work closely with:
• Ticket Operations
• Game Entertainment
Some of you still may think the job requirements are too vague but if you already have the required attributes, you probably have the following:
• College Degree
• Ability to meet aggressive sales goals and expectations each year
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to manage and execute numerous tasks
• Customer service attitude
• Ability to speak and interact to high level prospects with confidence
• Strong writing skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Let me continue to paint the picture about what you will be doing.
Big Picture: You will sell all types of group outings, a lot of them.
How? You will be equipped with the best sales training in sports and will run your own business. You will be interacting with group leaders, company planners, civic organizations and the such, small to large and providing solutions to their specific needs.
• Responsible for selling Tacoma Rainiers group packages.
• Responsible for servicing sales accounts by providing unsurpassed customer service.
• Responsible for generating and developing new business through leads lists, name collection activities, cold calls, networking events, speaking engagements, etc.
• Maintain a high standard of integrity during the sales and service process with each customer.
• Attend team and community events for the purpose of maximizing sales opportunities.
• Keep accurate sales files, customer service files, call reports, appointment schedule reports, prospects reports, etc. Maintain weekly communication on all activity reports.
• Follows and ensures implementation of all team sales programs.
• Assist with the development of team sales databases.
• Assist with sales campaigns.
• Works with Event Services to implement sales themes, promotions and events.
• Network within the local business area to acquire new business.
• Responsible for in-stadium activities relating to the function of ticket sales (ie. Customer Service Booth, promotions, name generation opportunities, meet and greets, etc).
• Responsible for renewing established accounts from year to year.
Hours of Work: This position will have game day responsibilities. Typical hours of non-game day work will be 8 AM – 5 PM (and beyond). Estimated game day hours will be 9 AM – 10 PM.
• Full time salary position. Pay scale based on experience.
• Commission/bonus based on new sales, team sales goals and renewals.
Can’t wait to get started? Are you ready to take the step that will catapult your sports career? Does the idea of being great excite you?
Then hurry up and send us your resume. We want you on board.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What does it take to be successful in sales? 2. What makes you great? Drives you? 3. Do you have prior sales experience? 4. What are your ultimate career goals in this industry?
1. What does it take to be successful in sales?
2. What makes you great? Drives you?
3. Do you have prior sales experience?
4. What are your ultimate career goals in this industry?
Inside Sales Intern
Sports are sexy. You want in. You are young and you are talented.
You are excited and dream of being the next young and very successful GM. You are looking for your in, your break, because all you need is someone to believe in you and to give you a chance.
All of your professors and mentors are telling you that the open door into the sports industry is through sales. Guess what? They are right. But here’s the thing. Life is just like a ball game; sometimes you only get one shot, one shot to make a good impression, one shot to prove yourself and one shot to learn from the best in the business.
Who can afford to make a bad choice and blow their shot? Not you.
Are we saying the Tacoma Rainiers are the best in the business? Well, personal bias aside, we can honestly say that we have the best sales model in sports. We can say this because it is used by some of the most successful teams in Minor League Baseball, Major League Baseball, NBA, NFL, MLS and NASCAR.
In fact, we have a hunch that you may have studied our model in your college Sport Management classes. Many colleges do.
Bottom line, you are at a point in your career where the two most important things are (1) for you to build a solid foundation based on successful principles and practice, and (2) for you to learn from and get to know successful leaders in the industry.
If you are ready to take your shot at being great we want to give it to you.
Come learn from a team and ownership group that continues to set new revenue and attendance records year after year. Come learn how to sell not just how to answer a phone. Come, learn the industry and become the best.
The Inside Sales Intern will report to the Director of Ticket Sales along with the Vice President of Sales. In addition, you will work directly with the Ticket Operations Manager, Corporate Sales Managers and Group Event Coordinators. His/her responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
· Answering inbound phone calls
· Outbound phone calls to non-renew accounts
· Outbound cold calls for key Rainiers sales initiatives
· Customer service phone calls
· Developing and delivering contracts for key Rainiers accounts
· Providing a Tacoma Rainiers presence at community events
· Database tracking/management
· Other duties as needed
The Inside Sales Intern will receive full college credit based on the criteria provided by institution.
Let us know why you deserve a shot.
We’re looking for someone with that undeniable “it” factor. Are you creative? Love sports? Someone who wants to make a splash in film making, writing, design, marketing, or just want to get a foot in the door at a professional baseball team? If you’re feverishly nodding your head yes, then maybe (just maybe) you’re our next Marketing and Creative Intern.
The Marketing and Creative Intern for the Tacoma Rainiers will be responsible for supporting all marketing initiatives for the 2017 season with a strong focus on video production and design. This position is created to provide an integrated learning experience for students wishing to advance their career in sports. As a Marketing and Creative Intern, you will work closely with multiple departments, including Graphic Design, Game Entertainment and Corporate Partner Services.
- Record pre/in/post game video footage of fans, game highlights, and different strategic targets for marketing use
- Assist the Game Entertainment Director with video shoots (shooting/pre & post production)
- Edit/cull all footage to create high quality video content
- Create stills/video content for external marketing and in-game entertainment
- Assist in gameday operations
- Design layouts for the daily game program
- Support the Creative Director with day-to-day design work
- Design advertisements for print, social media and web
- Manage Rainiers social media accounts
- Photo editing
- Must be able to receive college credit for internship from an accredited university or college
- Familiar with video editing software (FinalCut, After Effects, Adobe Premiere, iMovie etc.)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Photography skills a plus
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Partner Services, this position will support various Rainiers marketing initiatives as well as the fulfillment of all corporate partner agreements. This role is designed to provide an educational and integrated learning experience for students to advance their careers in sport management and professional baseball.
As a Partner Services Intern, you will interface with media and corporate partners at all levels of their organizations to service, activate and fulfill contractual elements including promotions, media, signage, hospitality, community events and game day initiatives. You will also work closely with multiple internal departments, including Corporate Partner Sales, Graphic Design, Game Entertainment, Marketing, Ticketing and Stadium Operations.
- Have fun!
- Work with Marketing team, Corporate Partner Sales and Game Entertainment to create and outline Rainiers marketing initiatives and partner promotions
- Oversee on-field/in-game execution of all promotions
- Assist in the execution of all promotional marketing plans (i.e. monitoring on-site activations, promotional giveaways, web and social media platforms, etc.)
- Assist in compiling promotion wrap ups at the end of all promotional periods to be relayed to partners
- Assist with the execution of all hospitality elements and events (gamedays and non-gamedays)
- Responsible for ticket distribution to all media and corporate partners
- Support all partner events off-site
- Design event invitations for Corporate Partner networking events and gameday hospitality
- Coordinate/schedule gameday seat visits, first pitches, videoboard welcomes, mascot visits and suite/party deck visits
- Coordinate and host all partner events and stadium rentals on-site (i.e. party decks, suites, batting practices, board meetings, etc.)
- Support Corporate Partner Services and Marketing teams to execute the layout of the daily game program
- Participate in community events including but not limited to player visits and mascot appearances
- Capture photos and documentation of all promotions, events and contractual obligations to maintain an accurate image library for Annual Reports
- Assist in the production of Annual Reports
- This is a non-paid position for the Tacoma Rainiers 2017 season
- Candidates must be currently enrolled and able to receive course credit from an accredited university or college in a related field (i.e. sport management, business, marketing, advertising, communications, hospitality, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to develop strong working relationships/rapport with partners, coworkers and other stakeholders
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a team based environment
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver and have decision-making ability
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign.
- Photography skills preferred, but not required
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have reliable transportation
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you eligible to apply college credit to an internship with the Tacoma Rainiers? 2. Do you have reliable means of transportation to Cheney Stadium? 3. Do you have experience with Adobe Suite? 4. Do you have experience in marketing, hospitality, or activation?
1. Are you eligible to apply college credit to an internship with the Tacoma Rainiers?
2. Do you have reliable means of transportation to Cheney Stadium?
3. Do you have experience with Adobe Suite?
4. Do you have experience in marketing, hospitality, or activation?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with PCL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ