» Future Notification Only - Pacific Coast League Teams (Various Locations, US)
So you want to work in sports? Get in line.
We’re not looking for someone who wants to work in sports; we want that self-driven individual who is looking to make a career, and name, for themselves in this industry. The type of person who won’t stop until they get to the top.
Do you want to learn from the best and become the best? Do you have what it takes to separate yourself from the pack?
Seriously. Those aren’t rhetorical questions. We’re looking for the individual who has the dedication, hard work, sweat, integrity and competitive desire to be the absolute best. So, if you are not motivated, if you do not want to dominate, if you do not want to change the landscape of the sports industry, stop reading this and apply elsewhere.
If you are still reading, you can probably tell we are not the average sports business organization you studied about in your sport management classes. You are right. And you probably believe as we do that being average is failure. This means you ‘get it’ and we want you to be on our team.
So who are the Rainiers, you are probably asking, and what makes them so great? Good question.
The Tacoma Rainiers are an incredibly hard working and creative staff led by team President, Aaron Artman. Under Artman, the Rainiers grew from a staff of 9 to 35, increased revenue over 600% and have set three consecutive attendance records, while well on their way to their fourth.
With a new ballpark and aggressive ownership group, the Rainiers staff look to continue their winning ways.
And this is where you come in.
1. Hard Working
3. Driven to be the Best
Sound too simple? Nope. You would be surprised at how many are satisfied with mediocrity and don’t care to be the best. You would be surprised at how many don’t want to learn how to be successful. You would be surprised at how many will give up on their dreams because they are afraid to work hard.
Again, do you have what it takes?
If so, we want you on board. You will report to the Senior Director of Ticket Sales and the Director of Corporate Sales, and you will work closely with:
• Ticket Operations
• Game Entertainment
Some of you still may think the job requirements are too vague but if you already have the required attributes, you probably have the following:
• College Degree
• Ability to meet aggressive sales goals and expectations each year
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to manage and execute numerous tasks
• Customer service attitude
• Ability to speak and interact to high level prospects with confidence
• Strong writing skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Let me continue to paint the picture about what you will be doing.
Big Picture: A Corporate Sales Manager will be equipped with the best sales training in sports and will run his/her own business. You will be interacting with Presidents and CEOs of companies, small to large and providing solutions to their business needs.
• Responsible for selling Tacoma Rainiers ticket packages – including season tickets, mini-plans, group outings and other ticket packages.
• Responsible for servicing sales accounts by providing unsurpassed customer service.
• Responsible for generating and developing new business through leads lists, name collection activities, cold calls, networking events, speaking engagements, etc.
• Maintain a high standard of integrity during the sales and service process with each customer.
• Attend team and community events for the purpose of maximizing sales opportunities.
• Keep accurate sales files, customer service files, call reports, appointment schedule reports, prospects reports, etc. Maintain weekly communication on all activity reports.
• Follows and ensures implementation of all team sales programs.
• Assist with the development of team sales databases.
• Assist with sales campaigns.
• Works with Event Services to implement sales themes, promotions and events.
• Network within the local business area to acquire new business.
• Responsible for in-stadium activities relating to the function of ticket sales (ie. Customer Service Booth, promotions, name generation opportunities, meet and greets, etc).
• Responsible for renewing established accounts from year to year.
Hours of Work: This position will have game day responsibilities. Typical hours of non-game day work will be 8 AM – 5 PM (and beyond). Estimated game day hours will be 9 AM – 10 PM.
• Full time salary position. Pay scale based on experience.
• Commission/bonus based on new sales, team sales goals and renewals
Can’t wait to get started? Are you ready to take the step that will catapult your sports career? Does the idea of being great excite you?
Then hurry up and send us your resume. We want you on board.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What does it take to be successful in sales? 2. Do you have any previous sales experience? 3. What drives you? 4. What's your ultimate career goal in this industry?
1. What does it take to be successful in sales?
2. Do you have any previous sales experience?
3. What drives you?
4. What's your ultimate career goal in this industry?
Closing Date: 2015-07-31
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with PCL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ