» Future Notification Only - Pacific Coast League Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Box Office Intern is expected to be a self-starter and possess drive, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for customer service. This professional individual will work hand-in-hand with and assist the Box Office Coordinator and Director of Ticket Operations in all tasks, projects, and day to day duties. Client care, passion for sports and commitment to our fans is imperative, while contributing positively to a collaborative and fun office culture. It is our intent that all knowledge gained from this internship will provide invaluable experience towards future career endeavors in the sports industry.
The following are general expectations of Rainiers Ticket Office Interns:
*Project a professional image in all interactions with customers and fellow Rainiers employees.
*Arrive on time and perform your duties within your scheduled hours.
Duties may change based on the needs to complete a particular assignment. Each Intern should be prepared to perform the following duties:
• Phone Coverage - Answering Rainiers Ticket Information per incoming telephone. Customer interactions are expected to be handled in a knowledgeable, helpful, and professional manner.
• Customer Service – Attitude must be consistent with the expected high level of customer service expected of a Tacoma Rainiers employee, regardless of situation or circumstance
• Filing - Maintaining files on all current customers and processing records in a timely fashion. Proper filing is vitally important when investigating issues related to accounts.
• Mailing of Ticket-Related Materials - Packaging and mailing of tickets, ticket offers, etc. as needed.
• Order & Payment Processing – Efficient processing of ticket-related orders for speed and accuracy.
• Ticket & Pass Distribution – Accurate packaging and delivery of season, event, and single game tickets or related passes.
• Account Maintenance – Keeping account data up to date and accurate using the Ticketmaster Archtics system.
• Box Office Coordinator Assistance - Assistance with varying projects as requested.
• Ticket Window Sales and Assistance – Assistance with ticket window sales for any stadium events (i.e. games, concerts, and other special events hosted at Cheney Stadium)
TIME TABLE: Spring through Summer (March/April 2014 - August 2014)
HOURS: A typical work week consists of a minimum of 30-35 hours per week, mostly during normal business hours. This can increase based on availability, volume of work needed to complete and how well the Intern has performed the duties assigned.
Applicants must apply online and complete the questions listed below. Attach your resume, your cover letter and your responses to the questions in one document and apply online.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. WHAT INTERESTS YOU MOST ABOUT THIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY? 2. ARE YOU CURRENTLY SEEKING AN INTERNSHIP FOR COLLEGE CREDIT? 3. HAVE YOU EVER WORKED FOR A SPORTS ORGANIZATION? 4. WHAT SEPARATES YOU FROM OTHER APPLICANTS?
1. WHAT INTERESTS YOU MOST ABOUT THIS INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY?
2. ARE YOU CURRENTLY SEEKING AN INTERNSHIP FOR COLLEGE CREDIT?
3. HAVE YOU EVER WORKED FOR A SPORTS ORGANIZATION?
4. WHAT SEPARATES YOU FROM OTHER APPLICANTS?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with PCL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ