» Sales Academy Executive - Reno Aces Baseball Club (Reno, NV)
» Future Notification Only - Pacific Coast League Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Reno Aces and Reno 1868 Field Operations Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the 2nd assistant position. Greater Nevada Field is home to the Reno Aces baseball club, Triple A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Reno 1868, USL affiliate of the San Jose Earthquakes. Greater Nevada Field is located in the heart of Downtown Reno, which also hosts several non-sporting events which includes but not limited to high school baseball games, weddings, corporate batting practices, concerts, etc. This will be the inaugural season for the Reno 1868. Greater Nevada Field is a sand based Kentucky Bluegrass/Perennial Ryegrass field.
Job Description: The qualified candidate will assist in all aspects of turfgrass and event management at the ballpark which includes 72 professional baseball games, 18-21 USL soccer games and any other field related event. The candidate will also assist the staff with landscaping duties which include the front entrance lawn, right field berm and all landscape areas inside the ballpark gates. The position offers a great opportunity to learn all aspects of turfgrass and event management on a professional baseball field with multiple sports and events. This is a full-time year around position with medical, dental, vision and 401K.
· 2-4 year turfgrass management degree from accredited College or University.
· 1-2 years of experience on a collegiate or professional athletic field.
· Working knowledge or understanding of basic turfgrass equipment and tools.
· Ability to be flexible with duties throughout the year as we host multiple sports and events.
· Strong desire to learn and continue to learn the various aspects of turfgrass and event management on a natural grass surface.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours very commonly found in the professional sports business. Work times may vary based on the particular sport or event.
· Positive attitude and willingness to work hard.
Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales
Sales Academy Executive - Reno Aces (Reno, NV)
Do you want your first opportunity in professional sports to be one that sets you up for long term success? Do you want to work for an organization that is constantly training and improving its player’s performance? The Reno Aces baseball club is currently looking for Sales Academy Executives to help bolster our ticket sales department for the 2017 season. With a focus on consistent training and development through personalized coaching, the Aces Sales Academy will build the foundation needed for a successful career in the sports industry. You will be provided training on full menu products that will provide you with the proper framework for your career.
Here’s what you can expect…
- Generate new business through the sale of ticket packages, group outings, etc.
- Complete 80+ phone calls/day connecting with the local community
- Attend outside appointments and host in-stadium client visits
- Be a part of a proactive sales team that is always looking to generate new leads and new creative ways to sell tickets
- Represent the organization in a positive way
- Be a part of and a productive member of the sales team
- Learn top training skills that are important to every organization
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals
- Opportunity to promote our USL franchise Reno 1868 FC
Here’s what we’re looking for…
- Great interpersonal skills with clients and fellow team members
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Experience in working with people in sales environment
- Demonstrates exceptional guest service skills over the phone and in-person
- Proficiency in ticketing related software
- Customer service background very helpful
Are you ready?
We want to develop the best ticket sales department in all of sports. Therefore, we will be very selective in who we add to our team. We’re looking for candidates with a tireless work ethic, great attitude, desire to learn, and that will to be the absolute best. Are you ready to be our next starter?
Note: This is a 40-hour-a-week position that runs from January through the end of the season with promotion potential based on performance. Compensation includes an hourly wage plus commission.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have prior ticket sales experience? 2. Are you available to start January 2017?
1. Do you have prior ticket sales experience?
2. Are you available to start January 2017?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with PCL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ