Current available jobs that best match reno:
» Grounds Crew Seasonal Assistant - Reno Aces (Reno, NV)
» Internship Notification - Pacific Coast League Teams (Various Locations, US)
» Future Notification Only - Pacific Coast League Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Communications Coordinator will serve to strengthen the connection between the Aces organization, its fans, media and Arizona Diamondbacks players, coaches and executives. Primary responsibilities will include the dissemination of baseball information, as well as the assistance of team travel, publications, marketing initiatives and team-related messaging.
This is a seasonal position that will run February through two weeks after the completion of the season. The Communications Coordinator will work directly alongside the Manager of Communication.
• Directly responsible for the production of daily gameday items, including stat pack, media clips, organizational report, lineup card and program insert
• Write feature stories and design elements of the club’s gameday publication, Leading Off
• Write, edit and distribute press releases related to promotions, upcoming homestands, community relations activities, etc.
• Contribute content to and/or manage several multimedia platforms, including the Aces official website (renoaces.com), blog (“Not Just Baseball…Aceball”), and communications department Twitter account (@RenoAces_PR)
• Oversee and assist in the operations of the press box, radio booths and press conferences
• Write and distribute game recaps for select road games
• Assist in the production of television broadcasts
• Manage credential requests and dissemination
• Assist in the facilitation of community relations programs and player appearances
• Contribute to the production of the annual media guide
• Assist in the management of several baseball operations items, including team travel, clubhouse operations and parent-club relations
• Fill gameday roles as needed, including MLBAM stringer, scoreboard operator, etc.
• Will participate in seasonal staff sales program, spending 2 hours per day in a phone sales environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, or sport administration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of the game of baseball and Minor League Baseball operations
• Proficiency with Adobe Suite design programs
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required, including all 72 Aces home games
• Knowledge and understanding of the sports communication industry
• At least one year internship or full time experience with a Minor League Baseball club
The Reno Aces are currently seeking a seasonal assistant to become a very integral part of the grounds crew for the 2014 season. Aces Ballpark is located in downtown Reno with less than an hour drive to Lake Tahoe. The Seasonal Assistant will be able to take away basic knowledge and demeanor to succeed in a career in Athletic Turfgrass Management.
The Seasonal Assistant position is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and dedicated individual that wants to have a career in Athletic Turfgrass Management. A strong work ethic is desired. Ability to take direction and work in a team environment is also desired. This position is physical in nature and candidate must be able to transport up to 100 pounds, walk and/or stand for lengthy periods and work long hours in unfavorable weather conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Seasonal position is very important to the success of the Aces Grounds Crew. You will experience all aspects of managing a baseball field. All job functions of managing and Athletic Field will be touched upon during employment. After completion of season you will be able to use various techniques to be able to manage an athletic field at the highest level.
All interested parties are encouraged to apply. Interviews will be conducted via phone and/or in person at the STMA conference in January.
From time to time, the participating teams in the PCL will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities with these teams posting their internships on the PCL Baseball Employment Site. This is a notification only, not an application for a job. You can also receive these notifications when you apply for an internship for a PCL Team. Thank you. If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with PCL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ