» Sales Academy Executive - Reno Aces (Reno, NV)
» Ticket Agent - Reno Aces (Reno, NV)
» Future Notification Only - Pacific Coast League Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Reno Aces, Triple-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks, and Northern Nevada’s premier professional soccer organization, are expanding their portfolio to include a USL soccer team beginning in 2017 which will play a 15 home game schedule at Aces Ballpark.
Aces Ballpark is also home to the Freight House District, a one-of-a-kind four-venue restaurant and entertainment venue, Slaughter House in the month of October – the area’s largest haunted house – and Aceskating from November to February – Reno’s only outdoor ice rink.
The Aces are one of the top organizations in baseball priding itself on teamwork, professionalism, accountability, and dedication. We are looking to do the same with our expansion into the United Soccer League.
The Marketing and Community Relations Interns are responsible for increasing the presence of the Reno Aces and USL Reno in the Northern Nevada community, assisting in game day entertainment, and assisting in the day-to-day operation of the Marketing Department.
- Assist Promotions Coordinator in grassroots marketing events to increase the presence of the Reno Aces and USL Reno in the community
- Assist Promotions Coordinator in game day entertainment to ensure proper execution
- Assist Marketing Department in developing the fan experience on theme nights, such as decorations, games and costumes
- Handle requests and records of in-kind donations
- Assist in the production and execution of all team charitable and fan events, such as school appearances, silent auctions and baseball camps
- Serve as the lead for Archie's Kids Club
- Become the mascot performer as needed
- Support the Marketing Department in all other tasks and needs as assigned
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail while managing multiple assignments
- Willingness to become the mascot performer as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Must be prepared to work holidays and non-traditional work hours
- Must be available March 2016 to mid September 2016
- Must be available to work 30 hours per week including all 72 home games
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you live in Reno or the surrounding area? If not, are you open for relocation on your own expense? 2. Why do you want to work for the Reno Aces? 3. What are your career goals? What type of position do you hope to obtain? 4. Do you have any prior experience with a sports organization? If so, explain further. 5. Why do you want to work in sports?
1. Do you live in Reno or the surrounding area? If not, are you open for relocation on your own expense?
2. Why do you want to work for the Reno Aces?
3. What are your career goals? What type of position do you hope to obtain?
4. Do you have any prior experience with a sports organization? If so, explain further.
5. Why do you want to work in sports?
Do you want your first opportunity in professional sports to be one that sets you up for long term success? Do you want to work for an organization that is constantly training and improving its player’s performance? If so, being an Sales Academy Executive for the Reno Aces is the perfect fit for you.
The Reno Aces are the Triple-A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks, and Northern Nevada’s premier professional sports organization. Since the team’s inaugural season in 2009, they have been a fixture in the Pacific Coast League Playoffs and were crowned Triple-A National Champions in 2012. Greater Nevada Field is home to the Freight House District, a one-of-a-kind four-restaurant and entertainment venue that combines dining, nightlife and music into one unique, modern and innovative area for Aces fans to enjoy.
The Reno Aces baseball club is looking to add top talent to their lineup. Focusing on family fun and entertainment in the downtown Reno market, the Aces sold out 10 games in 2015, and welcomed over 375,000 fans. Off the field, the Aces are one of the top organizations in baseball priding themselves on teamwork, professionalism, accountability and dedication.
ROUNDING THE BASES
With a focus on consistent training and development through personalized coaching, the Aces Sales Academy will build the foundation needed for a successful career in the sports industry. You will be provided training on full menu products that will provide you with the proper framework for your career.
AN EXCELLENT TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS
The Aces are hiring in order to secure talent for years to come! The Academy has promoted one individual to a full time Account Executive in the last 90 days. Last season, half of the hired class earned promotions to full-time positions in the organization. The ticket sales department believes in constant daily, monthly, and yearly improvement. We believe in training and mentoring you to the next step in your career.
THE GAME PLAN
We’re looking for the next superstar on our sales team. This individual will be a full-time employee of the Reno Aces Baseball Club. You’ll be making outbound phone calls, going on face-to-face meetings with prospects, touring clients around Aces Ballpark, and working prospect events. You will also work all home baseball games during the Aces season and outside events as scheduled. The primary objective of this position is building relationships and generating revenue for the aces ticket sales department.
· Sell a full menu of ticket products for the Reno Aces Baseball Club, including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages, group tickets and hospitality packages.
· Make cold calls from lists of area companies provided to sell full and partial season ticket packages and group tickets.
· Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients in order to build relationships to help provide repeat business and to meet excellent customer service requirements.
· Proactively create opportunities for new business through up-selling opportunities and referrals from existing clients.
· Contact past customers in order to generate new ticket sales.
· Conduct in-arena appointments and tours around Greater Nevada Field to assist in closing new business and developing new relationships.
· Undergraduate degree in business/sales/marketing/sports management or similar concentration.
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels of an organization.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
· Extremely coachable and eager to learn every day.
· Highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to build a career in the sports business.
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR STARTERS!
We want to develop the best ticket sales department in all of sports. Therefore, we will be very selective in who we add to our team. We’re looking for candidates with a tireless work ethic, great attitude, desire to learn, and the will to be the absolute best. Are you ready to be our next starter?
Note: This is a 40-hour-a-week position that runs from June through the end of the season with promotion potential based on performance. Compensation includes an hourly wage plus commission
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Can you start work full time June 2016? 2. Have you worked for a professional team in ticket sales before?
1. Can you start work full time June 2016?
2. Have you worked for a professional team in ticket sales before?
Ticket Agents are responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Reno Aces Ticket Office. This includes ticket sales at walk-up windows and over the phone, as well as assisting in the operation of the Ticket Office (filing, mailings, answering phones, etc). The position is part-time/seasonal; only applicants from Northern Nevada will be considered
• Customer service experience (both in person and over the phone)
• Intermediate computer skills (Word, Excel)
• Cash handling experience
• Must be available nights and weekends
• Creative, energetic and proactive mentality
• Consistent, punctual and regular attendance
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with PCL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ