» Executive Assistant to Team Owner and Senior Advisors - Nashville Sounds Baseball Club (Nashville, TN)
» Media Relations Internship - Nashville Sounds Baseball Club (Nashville, TN)
» Merchandise Manager - Nashville Sounds Baseball Club (Nashville, TN)
» Premium Sales Manager - Nashville Sounds Baseball Club (Nashville, TN)
» Stadium Operations Internship - Nashville Sounds Baseball Club (Nashville, TN)
» Future Notification Only - Pacific Coast League Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Director of Guest Services is a highly energetic and enthusiastic individual that is responsible for ensuring satisfaction for all Nashville Sounds ticket holders. The Director of Guest Services will lead and manage game day staff and service teams with a positive attitude.
The Director of Guest Services will work closely with all departments to develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy designed to improve fan loyalty, retention, and customer service levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Credibly and responsibly present oneself as the “face” of the organization to all premium and season ticket holders
Recruit and hire a guest service staff that will provide top-notch customer service at First Tennessee Park
Develop a training program to effectively prepare the guest service staff for all types of events
Properly educate the guest service staff with useful information to help fans enjoy their First Tennessee Park experience
Anticipate and resolve all fan complaints, requests, and inquiries; handle difficult fans and situations in a calm and professional matter, ensuring that each fan interaction results in increased loyalty to the team
Define, measure, and continuously improve in and out-of-ballpark fan service levels and processes
Foster teamwork, employee morale, motivation, and open communication within sales, Fan Relations, and game day staff departments
Work closely with all areas of Ticket Sales and Service, Box Office, Marketing, Baseball Operations, Facilities Staff, Game Presentation, PR, and Sponsorship teams to execute integrated programs
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five or more years of service/hospitality, loyalty marketing, sports, sales and/or event management experience
Description: Executive Assistant to Team Owner and Senior Advisors
Executive Assistant Job Purpose: The Nashville Sounds, one of the city’s prominent professional sports teams, are recruiting a high-energy individual for the position of Executive Assistant. This position provides an extraordinary opportunity for an individual looking to be integral part of the Nashville Sounds move into First Tennessee Park. Reporting exclusively to the owner and senior executive team, the ideal candidate would have exceptional organizational skills and would be responsible for the following duties:
Maintains executives’ appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
Conserves executives’ time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
Represents executives by attending meetings in the executive's absence; transcribing notes for the executive.
Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication
March 1, 2015 - September 15, 2015
Stipend: $1,200 per month
The Sounds' media relations intern will provide assistance and gain experience in the club's media relations department.
- Assisting the Media Relations Manager with daily duties
- Researching, writing, and editing portions of the team’s publications
- Writing and editing press releases
- Researching and maintaining team statistics and records
- Assisting with the set-up and operations of the press box on game day
- Assisting media representatives with player and coach interviews
- Production and distribution of media credentials, game notes, stat packs, press releases, team rosters, and daily program inserts
- Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with local and regional media outlets
- Handling requests from media, other teams, and PCL office
- Miscellaneous computer work (e-mailing, word processing, etc.)
- Assist with team social media responsibilities
- Assist in website maintenance
- Assist in writing game notes
- Gather news clips and maintain archive file
- Assist with postgame reports
- Assist in accompanying players and mascots on appearances
- Pursuing or completion of collegiate degree in communications field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong baseball knowledge
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in and contribute to a high-energy team environment
- Ability to work flexible and demanding hours including nights, off hours, and weekends
- Prior experience working in baseball or other professional sports is preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs preferred
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available to relocate to Nashville (at your own expense) and be available to begin work on March 1st?
1. Are you available to relocate to Nashville (at your own expense) and be available to begin work on March 1st?
The Nashville Sounds are opening First Tennessee Park in April of 2015. The Sounds recent rebranding efforts ensure that our team store will be a vital part of our growth. We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to assist the Director of Merchandise in making our team store a key part of First Tennessee Park.
Specific responsibilities include:
Help manage receiving inventory (including physical count) and help with monthly inventory counts
Help create new designs for merchandise (hats, t-shirts, novelties, etc)
Opening and closing Team Store including store deposits and closing paperwork
Help set up all merchandise retail locations prior to each game or event
Design and rotate store layouts and kiosks to maximize revenue
Build merchandise displays using new and promotional items
Assist in changing fixtures and shelving as needed
Perform regular merchandise price changes and markdowns
Process internet and phone orders
Manage point-of-sale system
Ensure a high level of customer service
Help manage and train the game day personnel, as well as creating their schedule
Other tasks as provided by Director of Merchandise
At least 2 years retail experience
Experience in sports retail is preferred
Strong organizational and communication skills
Strong customer service skills
Ability to work long, flexible hours including weekends, nights, and holidays
Able to assist other departments as needed, including pulling the tarp
As the Nashville Sounds enter a new and exciting chapter in our rich baseball history by opening a new state-of-the-art ballpark in 2015, we are in search of aggressive, motivated, young superstars to join our team.
Premium Sales Manager is primarily responsible for generating new business through the sale of premium ticket and hospitality inventory for the new First Tennessee Park. It includes the selling of Club Seats, nightly hospitality, and suite areas through cold-calling, face-to-face appointments, and networking opportunities. Ideal candidates have 2-3 years sales experience with a professional sports organization, preferably in premium/suite/hospitality sales.
This position will be focused on prospecting, appointment setting, executing sales presentations, and closing sales
Set and conduct out of the office sales appointments throughout Middle Tennessee
The candidate will be accountable for certain levels of activity (calls and appointments), appointment goals, and closed sales goals
Candidate should possess an optimistic team-first attitude, as well as the competitive desire to be the best
Candidate should possess both the personal and communication skills to conduct face to face presentations
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
2-3 years of prior sports sales/industry or equivalent sales experience is preferred
Experience selling via face-to-face appointments
Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Professional verbal and written communication skills
Candidate should possess excellent time management and organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Candidate must have a strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports
Highly competitive salary with an aggressive commission and bonus structure
March 9, 2015 - September 11, 2015
Stipend: $1,500 per month
Stadium Operations Intern will be required to work normal office hours (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) before the season as well as any other events at the brand new First Tennessee Park. During the season they are required to work normal hours as well as extended hours on all game days and extra events.
Stadium Operations Intern is expected to work to achieve the highest level of customer service for our fans as well as relaying a positive image of the Nashville Sounds in the community.
- Assist Stadium Operations Manager with daily upkeep of a brand new facility
- Direct management of Parking Lot operations, including seasonal staff
- Assist with managing Ushers, Ticket Takers, Sweepers, Cleaning Crew, and Security
- Willingness to set-up and tear-down for events, ensure ballpark cleanliness, and otherwise work inside and out
- Work with other departments with various needs regarding the stadium and sponsorship needs
- Previous professional baseball experience is preferred
- Applicant must have an interest in learning about this department and have an interest in continuing a career in professional baseball
- Positive attitude is a must
- Ability to multi-task and handle responsibility
- Skills with various workshop tools a plus
- Must be willing to get dirty and work long hours
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to lift 30+ lbs.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with PCL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ