Current available jobs in *Job/Career Fairs:
If you want a career in sports, you need one specific skill to be successful. You have to be able to sell. Specifically, you have to be able to sell tickets.
The Oklahoma City Dodgers are experts in teaching people how to sell tickets. If you want to develop a career in sports, you should attend our Sales Academy.
The invite-only Oklahoma City Dodgers Sports Sales Academy offers candidates the opportunity to be taught by some of the best sports-sales trainers and managers in the industry. Participation is limited for the exclusive, intensive, three-day academy. To earn an invitation, you must complete a rigorous interview and sales aptitude testing process.
There are currently multiple full-time members of our sales staff who were hired after being accepted to one of our past sales academies. They performed admirably over the course of three days and were offered a position here in Oklahoma City.
In addition to any potential opportunities with the OKC Dodgers, you will also receive guidance on resume preparation and interview training. It is typical that over 75% of participants in our academy are working in sports within 90 days, and our attendees from the 2016 academy class are no different. The Oklahoma City Dodgers Sports Sales Academy is an outstanding experience to have on your resume.
What to expect:
- We will teach you to make an impact.
- Learn from the Best: The original Sports Academy was designed under the guidance of one of sports foremost minds – Jon Spoelstra – and we are continuing the tradition with the Oklahoma City Dodgers Sports Sales Academy.
- Premier training and real-world practice: Candidates go through the same “boot camp” that the OKC Dodgers sales staff attends on a yearly basis. This is widely regarded as one of the best sales training programs in sports. Specifically, candidates will go through real-life exercises on how to prospect, make appointments, learn a version of our face-to-face presentation, overcome objections, and close business. This is not telemarketing sales training. It is training designed to teach salespeople how to meet face-to-face with business leaders and close sales.
- Executive Feedback: Candidates will be graded as they make calls and presentations throughout the three-day session. OKC Dodgers executives and sales managers will review each candidate and provide ongoing feedback throughout the Sales Academy.
- Interview: Candidates will have interviews with key staff as part of the placement process.
- Interact with Executives and Sales Managers: Our executives and sales managers will serve as guest lecturers, participate in class exercises, and conduct interviews during the Academy.
The invite-only Oklahoma City Dodgers Sports Sales Academy will be held from May 31 - June 2 at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, home of the Oklahoma City Dodgers. There is no cost to attend. You are responsible for all travel expenses, room and board.
*On Thursday, June 1st participants are invited to attend the Oklahoma City Dodgers vs. Colorado Springs Sky Sox game (7:05pm).
This opportunity is not for the weak-willed. Selected candidates will be put through a rigorous three-day, intense training program. Selected candidates are expected to have a STRONG WORK ETHIC, PASSION FOR SPORTS BUSINESS, DESIRE TO WIN, and be HIGHLY SELF-MOTIVATED. Candidates will be given nightly assignments, and will be expected to focus solely on the Sports Sales Academy during this period of time.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ